Autumn in New York

Fall time in New York is absolutely enchanting. I was so grateful because we had a bit of an Indian Summer this year. The warm weather and green beautiful days lasted so much longer this year. I've been quite smitten with Ithaca this school year, which I know says a lot considering the dramatic break-up the two of us had after last winter. I never thought this relationship could be mended, but I honestly find myself thinking that I'd love to live in a place like this.
I love this picture because it documents something Garret could not do all last year. He tried so hard to climb up these spider legs and then hang down but his legs and arms weren't quite long enough to make that big gap and get to the top. He must have grown over the summer, because he came back able to climb on everything and even do the monkey bars. Gross Motor skills were worked on all fall and Garret showed a ton of growth and progress in this area.

chasing ducks at Cayuga Lake
and climbing trees

Love this sweet moment with Reid. We got some tasty treats at the Farmers Market here and then just sat on the bridge watching/feeding the ducks in the water below.

Taking the plunge into Treman Falls






One of the best things this that happened this fall, was finding this sweet little gem of a place. Flat Rock. The kids and adults could play here for hours. We did a playgroup here and then had such a great time we brought Ace back for a visit later that week.







The weather changed slowly and gracefully, leaving us with beautiful views like the picture above, and gave us warm wonderful days spent outside like the picture below.


2 comments:

  1. Your "relationship" with Ithaca cracks me up! Glad you've been able to patch things up. Judging by the pictures and the description I can see why you and your family decided to give the relationship another try :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "relationship" with Ithaca cracks me up! Glad you've been able to patch things up. Judging by the pictures and the description I can see why you and your family decided to give the relationship another try :p

    ReplyDelete