Garret Says the Darnedest Things



Garret LOVES to ride the Ferris Wheel. His first time was only a month or so ago, but now he just can't get enough of it. And he is totally fearless when he is on it. He tries to squirm out of the seat so he can see behind him. Riding with him always makes me a little more fearful.

Lately Garret has been saying the craziest things. I honestly don't know where he gets half of it. Here are just a few of the funny things Garret has been saying.

-Garret has starting rubbing his chin like he is really thinking about something and then excitedly exclaims "I have idea!" When we ask him what his idea is he proudly announces "Snake." (I don't think we understand the concept of what an idea is yet-_-)
-The other day Garret and Reid were taking a bath and Reid was kicking his legs like crazy and accidentally kicked the cup our of Garret's hand and Garret said, "Reid! Are you serious?"
-One Saturday Ace and I were telling Garret that in 5 more minutes it was nap time. He defiantly told us "No way! There is no way I take a nap!"
-A few nights ago Ace put Garret to bed and then went down stairs to unwind and watch a movie. Garret got out of his bed and came to the top of the stairs saying "Dad. It too loud." Ace paused his movie to ask Garret what was wrong and Garret just said "Thank you!" and went back to his room.
-Lately Garret goes around the house saying "You wanna piece of me?!"
-A few weeks Ace and I were talking about how his hair was getting a little shabby and how he needed a haircut pretty soon. Garret must have heard because later that day were were traveling in the car and Ace was bugging Garret by singing (for some reason Garret doesn't really allow anyone to sing in his presence). Garret shouted "No thank you dad! Get you haircut!"
-When we do something Garret appreciates he has started telling us "You best!"
-One time when we were playing in the river Garret kept trying to get me to get in. I told him it was way too cold for me. He responded with "It's not cold. It's warm and comfy."
-Garret loves to go to the library for story time. However, he does not enjoy singing time and always tells me "Mama, no knees and toesies.(Head and Shoulders)
-Last night while I was putting Reid down Ace was trying to get Garret ready for bed. He told Garret it was time to settle down for bed and Garret lost it. Ace picked him up and tried to sweetly console him but Garret between sobs told Ace, "Dad, we can't be friends anymore."
-Whenever I put Garret in time-out. He pokes his head out when he has calmed down and says "Mama, you wanna be friends?"

He really is just the coolest, funniest, most stubborn kid I've met and I wouldn't change one thing about him. I love hanging out with him. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and Im so excited that I get to be him Mama.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....is it bad I could totally hear your voice when I read, "are you serious?!" :p Glad you have such a fun and comedic little-big guy!

    ReplyDelete