Monday Fun Day

Mondays aren't always fun days but since this Monday was Labor Day it was a fun one. Ace had the day off and that is always fun no matter what. I am pretty obsessed with that guy and so any extra time with him is a real treat.

We had a few random plans but then my sister Kali called and her husband cut his finger while working and needed stitches (apparently not a Fun Monday for him). Ace and I took the kids with us for lunch and then to the Fish Hatchery while Brad got stitches. We were sad for Brad but somehow we still managed to have a good time:-)




Ace and I never have cash or change on us, and this time was no different. We rummaged around in our wallets and found 2 quarters. We didn't get to feed the fish much but it was still fun and we got to see this mama deer and her baby as well.








I sure do love my boys and love spending my time with them. Never a dull moment with these two fellas.

That evening my family invited us to the Bar-D. It was Garret's first time but it won't be his last. Ace is pretty certain that we have to go at least once a year and this was the last show of the season so we barely made it this year.

The night started off kind of rough because I locked our keys in the car. This is the second time I've done this in just a few months. And about a month ago I drove off with my phone on my car. I seriously think Im loosing my mind. Luckily, the Bar-D employees own a bag with every kind of device to break into a car imaginable. Made me wonder what goes on in the parking lot while the rest of us are enjoying the delicious food and fine music:-). We got our keys out and managed to enjoy the rest of the evening.









Garret actually got a free rock out of this. When we tried to pry his hands off the colorful rocks he started balling so when we asked how much one single rock cost they simply gave it to us. Kids can be expensive but Garret does his best to make it up to us.








Both my blue-eyed boys were actually pretty sleepy so we left during the last song and beat all the crazy traffic.


Not a bad Monday at all!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for showing our kids such a great time. We are lucky that were there to help. Thanks again!
    Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niblings have gotten so big! Hooray for fun Mondays and the chance to spend time with the fam! Can you believe in all my travels down that way, I never made it to the Bar-D? Even Garret has me beat on that score.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For cuteness! Gotta love the BarD! Garrett keeps getting cute by the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does seem like a fun Labor Day and the photo of all you makes me vision your future....

    Anyway, glad you enjoyed some Bar-D. We spent the day with Sam and Mego eating yummy BBQ at Rudy's. Quite the experience.

    Your key and phone situation just makes me laugh because the same thing happens to me all too frequently. Nearly daily I feel like I've lost my mind. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete