The Lord giveth...

...and you know the rest.

Sorry it's taken a few days to write this post. It's been a busy week (and one with mixed emotions) at the Beck/Stryker home.

The biggest news is that Puppy No. 2, the one we called Sully, didn't make it. He gave one last big sigh and left us last Tuesday. He was buried out at the Fassett's ranch the next day. It was pretty hard on all of us, but I suppose there was a purpose. All I can come up with is how sometimes we need to be taught that things don't work out, that the happy ending isn't possible, so we can learn to cope with it when real challenges come along. If you've got a better explanation, let me know.

Anyway, Pup No. 1, who we're now calling Sully both in honor of the pilot and Pup. No 2, is doing fine. He's turning into a monster, in fact. A tiny, squeaky, fat monster who lays around and drinks his momma's milk all day. We're hoping he'll open his eyes any day now. I wonder if they'll be brown, like his mom's, or blue, like his dad's.

Guess we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys so much and I'm so sorry about your little puppy. I hope all else is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the puppy! Thanks for your insight--I think you're right. But you always know that things will turn out alright in the end--the eternal end I mean. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete